Senior Data Engineer
Who we are
CasaOne- CasaOne is a home furniture rental company that helps property managers, realtors, stagers and residents experience and access furniture, furnishings, decor, and equipment on demand. Our full-service offering includes a wide selection of products, affordable monthly rental plans, 3D visualizations, rent-to-own options and white-glove service in as early as 2-3 business days. www.casaone.com
BureauOne- BureauOne converts furniture into a utility for businesses. BureauOne is a furniture rental company that helps businesses experience and access furniture, fixtures, and equipment without going through the myriad challenges that are associated with buying office furniture. BureauOne offers a full-service product including white-glove storage, delivery, and installation on-site. www.bureauone.com
We are backed by Accel Partners & other prominent investors and have offices in the SF Bay Area (HQ), LA, DC, NY, NJ,Chicago, Philadelphia, San Diego, Connecticut & Bangalore.
Our teams consist of high performing individuals who enable each other to bring their best to every concept, resulting in brands renowned in their markets for perfect insight, impeccable service & the constant ability to surprise with excellence. We onboard experts who inspire us in the way they design solutions, craft brands or simply add sense to our products & services.
We believe technology is only a tool for great engineering minds. Your understanding of core principles is of greater value to us than the tools used.
At CasaOne and BureauOne you will have an opportunity:
· to increase your rate of learning exponentially by defining hard problems and solving them
· to partake in a high-growth journey and increase revenues 5x+ Y-o-Y
· to be an early innovator in the shifting trend: ‘ownership economy’ -> ‘access economy’
· to build a category-defining platform for FF&E (Furniture, Fixture, and Equipment) leasing
· to build high-performance teams.
What you will work on
With a relentless focus on improving system performance, you will be setting direction for our Bangalore team of ambitious and talented engineers. Collaborating with various functional teams to deliver maximum value to the business, you will build & mentor that team that believes in building an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) and that will enhance our customer experience & propel our logistics.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using MySQL and AWS technologies
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data- related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
• Create data analytical tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
• Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
• 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering or building backend systems or platforms
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
• Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
• Experience with real time data pipelines from ingestion to delivery (like Kafka, Kinesis etc)
• Familiarity with cloud-based solutions in AWS/Azure/GCP
What happens next
You read this, you say ‘ah, that’s me, that’s what I would love to do in the near future!. Submit your resume to us and someone from our team will reach out to you.
CasaOne is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) & we value diversity in our teams.